We started our Monday morning by taking a little walk down our block and then decided since it is another beautiful day to take them to SC pier to watch the surfers. They love water, which makes me excited because I can already envision what every weekend will look like come Spring/Summer. You got it…the BEACH! The boys love going to Fisherman’s and unfortunately we were not able to sit on the wall this time, but were still able to sit outside and people watch! They always do such a wonderful job and we could not be more proud of them. After an early lunch it was time to walk back and head home in an attempt to take a nap. However, Jack must have been pooped from all the excitement the past few days that his eyes started to get heavy. Sure enough I look back at him and he passed out on the quick drive home. Since I know they needed to nap Steve decided that we would go on an early afternoon drive up the coast. Within 5 minutes our little Zacharoo passed out too. We drove down through Dana Point on Pacific Coast Hwy (PCH) and into Laguna Beach. They both slept for about an hour in the car. I will take that! We made a pit stop at home to grab some things and then made our way over to greet Uncle Gregg around 2:30ish. The boys were refreshed and ready to open up more presents. I love how excited they get. They grabbed their Santa hats and put them on to get back into the spirit. I also get a kick out of them delivering presents if their name is not on the package. J They certainly are little helpers.
Uncle Gregg got them a fire truck, ambulance, and a fireman coat with hat. The boys loved wearing them. They will definitely enjoy playing in their coats for a long time. After we opened up some more presents, we continued munching on appetizers and then got ready for dinner. I like that we live so close because it makes transitioning to bedtime easier. We made sure to bring items for bath and jammies for bed. This way we can get them ready for bedtime and can just slide them into bed when we get home….nighty night…piece of cake.
 |
| Zach (L) and Jack coloring |
 |
| Zacharoo saying Cheese - I love him! |
 |
| Jack, taking a bite of his cherry the server gave him |
 |
| Zach and Jack getting ready to open more presents |
 |
| Uncle Gregg and the boys |
 |
| Papa, Nana, Shea, and one of my sons...:) |
 |
| Jack, always taking in all the excitement |
 |
| The boys love their new trucks |
 |
| The boys love their fireman jacket and hat |
 |
| Zach |
 |
| Jack |
 |
| Shea and Uncle Gregg |
 |
| The boys having a blast! |
I am already sad thinking that our holidays and time off are coming to an end. However, I am also excited for 2012 as there is so much to look forward to; friends visiting in January and planned trips. Steve and I are happy we were able to share a lot of good times with family and friends. We thank our lucky stars every day for our health and the opportunity to do so many wonderful things alone and with our love bugs!
Love,
Julie
No comments:
Post a Comment