I am a little behind on updating the blog but that is because we all have been sick this past week, but on the up and up. The weather has been great, 76 degrees on Saturday and just about 80 degrees today.
Last weekend we took the boys to Pretend City in Irvine. Although I have not been I think it might be equivalent to the Children’s Museum in the midwest. The boys had a BLAST. There were many times when we noticed the boys were hyped up on energy and you saw a lot of signs of ADD…what to do next, where do we go, ooh look at that, etc. It was quite hysterical to say the least. We were there for about two hours and I think we overstayed our welcome. The boys had no problems and I’m sure they would have stayed until the place closed. Steve and I on the other hand probably can last up to an hour (maybe just a tad longer:)). There were so many families visiting that it was a madhouse. Yet we enjoyed watching the boys take it all in and having the most amazing time. It is hard to determine what activity was their favorite but I think they had the most fun on the construction site putting up siding and shopping at Ralph’s. Then again they also had fun picking apples and raking on the farm, so I guess it is safe to say they liked it all.
The boys even enjoyed some time helping daddy wash the cars and their bikes, and unfortunately we decided to do this towards early evening when the sun was going down and it started to get a little chilly. That in addition to their first week in school added to the excitement in our house this past week. The boys did a great job at the start of this past week with school. Steve had to go to AZ on Wednesday for business but thankfully he was there just for a half day on Thursday. Our poor love bugs were diagnosed with double ear infections Wednesday evening, Jack did have a bit of a fever. The boys were a little uncomfortable during the night and woke up a few times but after a sip of water they were always so good about climbing back into bed. They really are doing an amazing job with their beds! I was so tired from the night before and the boys were a bit clingy and needy that I stayed home Thursday with them waiting for Steve to come home from his trip. There was no way the boys were going to make it to their original nap time so we all (even Mama, right next to Zach while he was in bed) took an early nap and they just about slept around 4 hours for nap and even went to bed at 7pm. They surely needed some rest. We kept them home on Friday too. Steve’s parents were gracious to watch them for a half day and Steve came home around lunch to relieve them. The boys are getting better for the most part.
I am starting to feel better, it just seems like I have a cough with a stuffy nose. It is so hard to stay locked up inside especially when you cannot beat our weather. We have been taking it easy but still are able to get out a little here and there to get some fresh air, which feels AWESOME. Bring on Summer…oh, well it sort of is. J
If we are indoors taking it easy and getting much needed rest, we tune into Mickey Mouse. KK is a fan of Disney and she had recorded a few episodes of the Mickey Mouse Club and the boys cannot get enough of them. We generally have it on in the morning and then another time throughout the day as backup. They really like Dr. Daisy and the petting zoo episode. We like them too because of the educational element to it, not to mention they surely can be...goofy! The boys do really good during the "learning" segments, counting with Mickey, etc. At the end the entire clan does the hot dog dance. I like Goofy's dance and so I mimic it all the time. The other day Jack was watching me and then he tried to do it...too funny!
Steve and I snuck out for a little date night Saturday. We needed some alone time as the boys have been needy but hey they are not feeling 100% so you cannot blame them. We went to Nick’s South and then stopped at Iva Lee’s for a night cap until the boys were sound asleep. Iva Lee's appeared to be a fun time. They offer a Southern flair to their entrees. Steve’s parents were a bit surprised at our early arrival home of 8:30pm but working full time jobs and taking care of children that are not feeling up to par can be draining from time to time. No, we are not complaining but simply we just get tired quicker these days. J Since it was still so awesome out, brisk evening, we decided to sit out front and the weather did Steve in as he fell asleep. In spite of the boys being sick and not eating much these days they enjoy going to their bed. In fact Saturday they did not want lunch and looked up and said nighty night. WHAT I said in my head…who are you and what did you do with my boys. I asked, “ you want to go take your nap?” and both said yes and down they went for 3 hours. Well, alright then. We are blessed to have Pediasure. Since they are not fans of the vanilla flavor we put a dash of strawberry sauce and they take it no problems. We call it a milk shake. HA. I am sure they will get their appetite back in no time but in the meantime Pediasure to the rescue. Feel better love bugs!
We think the boys should be ready to go back to school on Monday and I know they were really missed by the teachers.
Here is to another exciting week. I cannot believe it is March already. I included some kodak moments from the last two weekends. Enjoy!
 |
| Before making our way into the Pretend Park, we stopped at the store. We picked up a book! |
 |
| The boys would go to Ralphs a lot with KK so when I saw the store as we walked in I knew they were going to have fun |
 |
| Where to start...baskets were not big enough |
 |
| Stocking up |
 |
| Arranging the groceries |
 |
| Checking out |
 |
| Hmmm, what to order? |
 |
| Cleaning up after making sushi |
 |
| Jack helping the little girl fill up the car with gas |
 |
| Jack...on a mission |
 |
| Zach in the fire truck |
 |
| Zach, pretending to be a tow truck driver...he was having a blast |
 |
| Pretend house...Jack grilling |
 |
| Trying to get over to the drive thru |
 |
| Jack driving the tractor to the farm |
 |
| At the farm and apple orchard |
 |
| Cooking. They had fun playing with the little girl who was working hard at baking cupcakes. |
 |
| Jack cleaning |
 |
| Jack putting dishes away, Zach trying to determine if he should wash any other dishes |
 |
| Boys having a good time |
 |
| Zach cooking |
 |
| The Library, Jack using the scissors |
 |
| Boys washing their bikes |
 |
| Helping Daddy wash the cars. Steve even got them small washing brushes at Lowes. |
 |
| The boys know each of the garbage cans. Zach references the solid waste as poop. HA. Jack was helping daddy get rid of the plastics/glass over the weekend...Jack knew which one to put the glass in too. |
 |
| Love bugs playing in their sandbox over the weekend |
 |
| Date Night: Nick's South |
 |
| It must be comfy |
Love,
Julie
No comments:
Post a Comment