Steve and I were able to get out and explore more of what California has to offer. We spent Thursday visiting Old Town San Diego, which was really neat. Since most of the stores did not open until 10am and we got there around 8ish, we found a restaurant opened for breakfast. We were really looking forward to enjoying a nice cup of coffee and relax. Yep, that is right, peace and quiet…so we thought. Unfortunately a family of 8 appeared and had a toddler boy maybe 2 ½ or 3, more so 3. He was causing a lot of problems and just having issues all together. Something Steve and I cannot relate to when having kids…just kidding. We CAN totally relate especially over these past couple of weeks. The more we are able to sit down in the evening and sigh, I have come to the conclusion the boys clearly must be growing, which could be causing some disturbing tantrums. In any event, I felt bad for the mom because I know she was doing her best to calm Dylan down but it was not working. I would feel bad disrupting another couple’s time out if they were in the same boat; looking for peace and to enjoy a warm meal talking over screaming kids. Reality did set in though because Steve and I both agreed and did mention that Jack and Zach are pretty darn good at the restaurant. On occasion we have issues, but for the most part they are pretty good. In any event, yes…getting side tracked again. As we finished up breakfast, we still had some time to kill so we drove into San Diego and walked around a little. It certainly is a busy and loud city in the morning. We decided to head back into Old Town and man what an hour makes. The streets were already packed full of tourists and locals. It was interesting to see the many Mexican Restaurants established in Old Town. Seriously how many more does that town need? We walked around and toured a hand full of museums from the first court house, first jail, a cigar house, a boot barn, and what a mansion looked like during that time. I think the mansion was interesting because the house was originally built in a L shape and later expanded into a U shape. Open floor plans did not exist during this time…I know shocking. J Each room was closed off and you had to walk outside to get to the other room. After we walked around we decided to have a snack at Cafe Coyote. This Mexican restaurant was voted #1 the past few years. The margaritas were good. We eventually tried their tortilla soup and quesadilla which was recommended by the bartender. Overall the food was okay, but I don’t know if I would have voted them #1; however, we did not try any others so who knows. Afterwards we headed into downtown San Diego to the Gaslamp District. Steve took me to the Westfield Mall. I was having wardrobe issues and he offered to buy me a new pair of walking boots so that I could be more comfortable the rest of the day. That was really nice of him to do that for me since I was not expecting it at all. We walked around for a little bit and then decided to make our way into town as we were going to have an early dinner and then head back home. Since there were so many places to pick from we decided to eat at Whiskey Girl so that we could enjoy the outdoors and there were more seats to pick from not to mention some entertainment across the street. J A couple from Iowa then sat down next to us and after making some small talk we learned that he is from Gurnee, IL. His parents still reside there, but the couple are looking to relocate to California. Crazy…small world.
Love,
Julie
No comments:
Post a Comment